Saturday, August 29, 2009

what it's all about.

Last Thursday, i had the huge honor of assisting with the groundbreaking of Clifton Reese's dedication and the celebration of the partnership between H.I.S. BridgeBuilders, Prestonwood Baptist Church, and Habitat for Humanity. Click here to see some coverage of the event. Clifton & his beautiful wife Seandra
my dad's speech in front of the mayor & Janet Huckabee (i think he was a little nervous)

Mike {the founder/my boss} and Mayor Leppert

It was a special day for me because:
1) I work for BridgeBuilders
2)I go to church at Prestonwood
3)My dad's the CEO at Habitat & I got to see him give a speech
4) Clifton & his family are very close to my heart/my favorite people ever

Needless to say it was a joyous occasion, which the city leaders and community got to see how God is truly working through this community in a spectacular & powerful way. My dream and prayer is to see the inner-city of Dallas, be transformed into a community of hope instead of filled with hopelessness and despair. A place where national leaders can really see a holistic view of community restoration and take note of how to properly fight poverty. Thursday was truly a glimpse of how the Church should look like today; a collaboration of believers fighting to spread the Good News of the Gospel and take care of the poor.
As always, let me know if you are interested in volunteering, attending a bible study, or working on a Habitat Home in the weeks to come.

No comments: