Friday, August 14, 2009

one year.

today signifies a big milestone in my professional career.
one year of "big-girl" full-time employment. i've never worked full-time 40 hour weeks for one year my entire life.

i'd like to thank the following people/things for making this year of work enjoyable/bearable at times. in no particular order.

1. my mother - i can always call her and just complain, whine, & cry and she ALWAYS listens.

2. shrm website (society for human resources) - you saved my life & made me seem like i knew what i was talking about more than once this last year.

3. lunch outtings - thank you for all those people who go to lunch with me. it's the highlight of my week sometimes.

4. my co-workers - so encouraging and always keep things interesting

5. blogs - endless searching & reading & inspiration.

6. pandora - what would i do without you to keep music in my life? i've listened to more music this year than i ever have. let's just say that i've already listened to 40 hours this month on this computer alone.

7. my friends - for always keeping those weekends interesting and worth surving the workweek!

8. the break room- thank goodness for a full fridge of drinks and candy for those 3 o'clock crashes (although my dentist might disagree). i can always count on you.

this year has been one of the best!

1 comment:

Amy said...

my fave thanks is to the shrm website...thank you to Joe for introducing us to that!