Wednesday, February 11, 2009

quick question.

Let me set the scene and you can judge the awkwardness on a level from 1-5. 5 being most awkward and 1 being not awkward at all.

Background:
I work in a building with two towers. I work in the south tower on the 7th floor. We have a girl's restroom that is for everyone that works on the 7th floor. I run into this girl about 27 years-old (blonde, really tall, works in shipping company next door) about every day. However, we have never spoken.

Scene:
I'm in the bathroom washing my hands and no one is in there. I open door to leave, and literally almost run into her. I then say (word vomit stikes again), "I feel like we are in here all the time together." She says, "huh?" because she was confused if I was talking to her or the Chinese woman who just walked in behind her. I said "I feel like we are always in the bathroom together" Now I know this isn't going well so I get red in the face. She looks at me, still confused, and goes, "oh really." I might be exaggerating the awkwardness but I don't think I'll be able to look her the eye because if I were here I would be refering to me as the "bathroom girl."

Ahhh just another day in my life.

4 comments:

The Sages said...

Oh my gosh Sarah, thats super awkward..i'd give that like a 4! : )

Ashley said...

Yeah I love that pitcher, it would be sooo perfect in our kitchen! We are so BESTS!!! : ) miss ya, have a good weekend!

Jen McCrady said...

oh gosh, that sounds like something that would happen to me!

Amy Stier said...

I am going to give this one a 3. I feel like there have been worse Beegs awkward moments. Oh how I miss you and your awkward moments! Love you!