Tuesday, January 27, 2009

that's miss. webmd to you

Okay. I might be a one of those girls that jumps on WebMd anytime she doesn't feel good and then self-diagnoses herself with some rare disease or life-threatening issues. However, my mentality to medicine has always been mind over matter. I don't need medicine, I just need sleep, OJ, and some good old fashion vitamins. However, lately I've decided that some thing is wrong with me. I have the focus of a 3 year old, I get mid-afternoon headaches, and I'm exhausted pretty much from 3 p.m. on. That's not right. Right? I'm only 22, not 85. So what's a girl to do when she doesn't know what's wrong? Google it of course! 

Well I found an article on "energy zappers" and found five things that might contribute to my lack of energy & how I can fix it. Maybe these will help you too!  

1) Have breakfast...even if you don't feel hungry. 
2) Drink more water 
3) Cut back on TV and computer time after  p.m. - This one is important to me because I literally am on my computer until 15 minutes before I go to bed and that's the night I don't fall asleep to my TV! 
4) Give your pet her own separate sleeping space - oh wait, you mean to tell me that when I'm crunch in the corner of my queen sized bed because Madison is literally sleeping on top of me it could disrupt my sleep? 
5) Get your exercise - I need to do this because I am a lazyyyy girl.  

I'll commit to this & see if it makes a difference. Please let me know if you have any picker-ups for those mid-day slumps! 

2 comments:

Celina said...

Hey Begin, i LOVE that you have posted health advice...these things are possible, I believe you can do it!

On the breakfast thing, if you aren't hungry, buy breakfast foods that are irresistable to you...eggs...granola...bagels...any of these sound amazing?

On the water thing, buy yourself a REALLY cute aluminum water bottle like those from sigg.com...and you will love showing it off so you'll remember to drink water.

And you know how I feel about exercise...let me just say that running at 5:30am when you could be sleeping ends up being the better option at the end of the day...

love ya!

Ashley said...

I had no idea about this whole tv/computer thing...very informational as I am on my computer right now before I go to bed!! very interesting... :) Thanks Begin